Thursday, June 24, 2010

Baskets & Books

I've been admiring these Pottery Barn baskets for a few years now, but recently my window shopping love affair finally mades its way to actual purchase when I realized that PB was redoing their baskets - and that this 12-inch square version, along with the basket liners I really liked were all being discontinued. ACK!

Luckily, with a little footwork, I was able to track down the baskets I wanted and even got the liners at a discounted rate. Thus, I opted to do a bit of a basket makeover to my school shelf space to help me get a little more organized for the upcoming year. Plus, since my school room and kitchen share space, we often cover this shelf and use the top as a "buffet table" when events and parties necessitate, so now the baskets make hauling all those books and manipulatives out quite a bit easier! YEAH!

You can see the "before" picture here if you want to compare it to the "basket accessorized" look. :)







Ahhh. . .baskets. . .they're really not just for dirty laundry :)  Hee, hee!

P.S. Just in case you were wondering. . .that plastic thing hanging on the lower left side of the board is a small shower caddy w/suction cups that houses the dry erase markers and eraser and keeps them out of baby's reach!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'm glad you were able to find the baskets you wanted! I love organized books! Today someone is giving us three sets of shelves. I'm looking forward to doing some organizing later today! We have one two bookshelves double stacked (with books behind books) so we need to expanded room.

kimberlydawn said...

your shelves look wonderful! hmmm...baskets! that is a great idea... we definitely need to do something in our little scrap/schoolroom...thanks for some great ideas (shower caddy!)<<:)

*~ Tina ~* said...

Oh, yes, you'll have lots of fun organizing those new shelves! They are SO helpful! I keep telling myself, I don't have too many books, I'm just a book shelf short, LOL!

*~ Tina ~* said...

Thanks Kimberlydawn! This shelf is my favorite and has really made the "shared" space much more workable :) Plus, it has been particularly instrumental in helping us stay organized, as we can actually find stuff, lol!

Shower caddy. . .yep. . .it's those little ones ability to reach everything that brings out your equally creative side to keep things out of their reach, LOL!

If you have pic's to share of your space, I'd love to see!

Betsy said...

Wow - This looks so good! Do you hire yourself out to help other Homeschool moms organize? (ahem ... like me? haha)

Related Posts with Thumbnails