Sunday, November 8, 2009

Until Then. . .

Loss has a way of putting things back into proper perspective, doesn't it? This week was a whirlwind, a blur. The joyful anticipation of my first OB visit for blessing #5 quickly left us downhearted as we learned that all was not well with the pregnancy. The ultrasound measured the baby at 6.2 weeks, (should have been close to 9) and found no heartbeat. I was scheduled to go back next week to recheck for change in case "dates" were just off somehow, but I went on to miscarry. Thus, it is with grief and sadness that I share our loss.

It has been a long week, but we are doing okay. I've been encouraged and comforted by the sharing and prayers of others who have reached out to us during this time and in return I'd like to share a poem that I wrote today in memory of our little one gone home.


Until Then. . .

For a time much too fleeting
You grew in my heart
I never imagined
Your soul would soon part

In the blink of an eye
My plans were displaced
But I know God’s are greater
and I cling to His Grace

You weren’t meant for this earth,
You’re too precious for this
So I’ll see you in Heaven
And you’ll know Mommy’s kiss

With each breath, I release you
But I’ll hold you again
My beloved - this is not good-bye
It’s only, until then. . .


Sweetest Blessings,
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ .•´ -:¦:-Tina ~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails