Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 - Living Abundantly and Purposefully!

As we took down the Christmas tree and decorations today, my husband commented about another year being gone and casually posed the question "what did we accomplish?". It was certainly a question to ponder, but since we were in the midst of working and not prepared for deep contemplation, I quickly replied with "we survived!" and "we're still alive!". We had a good chuckle and continued.

Life is hard and sometimes the storms can be relentless. The pressure on families can certainly make getting through the days, weeks, and months more like a breathtaking feat than anything else. Thus, as I later pondered my dh's question, I realized that I've let too many days go by without being purposeful in the precious time I've been given, and I was reminded that God's Word tells us that Jesus came that we might have life more abundantly.

We will always have struggles in this life, yet, it is up to us to choose to meet those obstacles with a heavenly perspective, guided by the Word of God, which offers us continual hope and fresh opportunity to renew our hearts and our perspective that we may not allow ourselves to be knocked down and out with every gust of wind hurled our way! So, with these thoughts, my quest this year is to honor the gift of Christ by striving to live life abundantly and purposefully! Abundant joy, abundant gratitude, abundant forgiveness, abundant grace, abundant mercy, abundant peace, abundant love, and abundant time in His Word - and in all things purposeful.

I'll be sharing my endeavor and Bible Study reflections throughout the year in posts titled "Sharing a S.I.P."

Scripture
Insight
Prayer

So. . .here's to you, to me, to us - as we venture into another year of possibility!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails